Here are 20 ways our DEP is helping you manage diabetes!
by Sophia Munir | Oct 27, 2021 | LMC Blog |
1. Evidence-based knowledge and education – Help dispel diabetes myths.
2. Education & Support – Teach patients how to care for themselves and support them along the way!
3. Blood Sugar Pattern Insights – Help patients identify patterns in their blood sugars so that they can make changes when necessary.
4. Travel preparation – Help patients prepare for travel to ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday!
5. Physical Activity – Help patients learn how to include exercise into their lifestyle for overall health and to help with their diabetes.
6. Nutrition Information – Help patients understand how food affects blood sugars.
7. Personalized Nutrition Counselling – Help patients choose foods that they like that also help with blood sugar management.
8. Problem Solving Skills – Teach patients how to problem solve through challenges and come up with solutions that work for patients and for their diabetes.
9. Personalized Blood Sugar Insights – Help patients understand what raises their blood sugars and what lowers their blood sugar levels.
10. Understanding stress & blood sugars – Help patients understand how physical stress and emotional stress affect their blood sugars.
11. Weight Management – Help patients with reaching their ideal weight.
12. Technology – Help patients understand the new technologies available to help them manage their diabetes.
13. Practical Tips & Tricks – Provide patients with tips & tricks to make living with diabetes easier for patients!
14. Goal Oriented – Help patients set goals related to their overall health and well-being.
15. Group Sessions – Offer small group sessions which allow patients to meet other people living with diabetes for additional support and guidance along the way.
16. Insulin Pump Therapy – Offer support and information on insulin pump therapy!
17. Highs & Lows – Help patients prevent and manage high and low blood sugars.
18. Cooking – Teach patients how to cook and prepare healthy foods.
19. Life Challenges – Help support patients though life challenges and changes that may be impacting their diabetes.
20. Insulin Dosing – Help patients match their insulin dose to the food that patients eat.